Careers at Arnolds Keys
We are always on the hunt for great talent.
If the below vacancy is not for you, but you believe your skill set would fit our organisation and you would like to have an informal discussion about working at Arnolds Keys then please send your CV and covering letter to Jan Hÿtch (Operations Partner): firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 620551.
Land and development surveyor
We have an excellent opportunity for a graduate or qualified Land & Development Surveyor to join our well reputed and long established multi-disciplined practice in East Anglia. You’ll be working in a fast paced environment within the larger commercial division looking after existing clients and new enquiries, generated from within the firm and external introducers and contacts.
- Assess land and sites suitability for development, including market demand, site characteristics and infrastructure.
- Identify new opportunities by conducting research and networking.
- Manage or take a lead role in projects, from the earliest planning stages through to completion.
- Interpret market data from various sources and carry out detailed site appraisals utilising development software.
- Draw up, present and negotiate competitive proposals.
- Advise clients on the availability of finance and the feasibility of planning permission.
- Provide valuations, advise financial institutions and negotiate with regard to the provision of finance for commercial and residential developments.
- Use strong management and entrepreneurial skills to ensure that projects are delivered successfully, efficiently and profitably for clients.
- Consider the physical, environmental and social impact of proposed developments.
- Promote the use of effective land management and administration as one of the key drivers behind economic development.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with colleagues, clients and financial stakeholders.
- Respond quickly to changes in market conditions, client requirements and government policies.
- To liaise with our network of estate agency offices to uncover market opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including negotiating, networking and presentation.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with effective written communication and report-writing ability.
- A thorough understanding of legal matters, policies and procedures.
- A creative and innovative approach with an aptitude for problem solving.
- The ability to carry out development appraisals thoroughly and convincingly, especially financial viability.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of the property sector.
- A sense of ethical responsibility.
- Relevant work experience.
- A strong ‘work hard, play hard’ ethic.
- An eye for an opportunity.
- Great team working attitude.
- Good social and communications skills, and a desire to network.
- Positive mental attitude.